Search for your Holiday Destination
Cairns Holiday Specialists BlogCHS Blog
Many Reasons to Escape to Port Douglas – 17th November 2013
Posted on November 17, 2013 by Sophie Tabouel
There is no mistaking Port Douglas has all the right ingredients to melt any amount of stress away. The scenic tropical town is located approx. 70km or 1 hour north of Cairns connected by one of the most visually inspiring stretches of road in Australia. It is surrounded by World Heritage Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef, nature at its best in any direction you look. Sitting out on the headland, Port Douglas provides panoramic sea views and the beach is only minutes away at all times!
Port Douglas is a haven for anyone and everyone, catering for the budget tight backpacker to lap of luxury holiday maker. On the pristine sands of Four Mile beach you can find honeymooners secluded in their own patch of tropical happiness undisturbed by the bonding family further down the beach and the kite surfers offshore. The Sunday markets in Port Douglas are famous, attracting people far and wide to peruse the local arts and crafts stalls and sampling delicious locally grown and made produce.
There are Great Barrier Reef tours to match the needs of families, avid scuba divers, couples on romantic getaways or the keen angler. Whether you visit the nearby Low Isles or the Outer Reef you are sure to experience the beauty of the underwater world. Port Douglas is neighbours with the Daintree Rainforest. Tours run daily with stops to spot crocs on a Daintree River cruise, visit fresh water gorges and partake in guided walks through the ancient forests keeping an eye out for prehistoric looking cassowaries. Pick up the pace with a little horse riding, quad bike riding or river rafting in the local area.
Whatever kind of holiday maker you are, Port Douglas is sure to please with its sophisticated facilities, cuisine and natural beauty in every direction.
If it sounds like your kind of getaway contact a local Cairns Holiday Specialist to book the right accommodation and tours for the right prices.
Phone 07 4059 5959 or click here to view our Port Douglas website.
Author: Kelly – A Cairns Holiday Specialists Tour Specialist
WE GUARANTEE TO
MATCH THE LOWEST RATES!
- Subscribe to our Blog
- Recent Posts
- Reef Trips - Christmas Day In Cairns & Port Douglas 2108
- Cairns Tours & Attractions Gift Vouchers 2017
- Atherton Tablelands Tour from Cairns or Port Douglas
- Cairns Accommodation – Look Out for Flashy Holiday Deal Sites
- An Awesome Day of Fishing with Cairns' Newest Charter
- What Mums really want for Mother's Day - Great Mother’s Day Ideas
- Green Island – More Than Just Snorkelling
- Cairns Chinese New Year 2017 – What Does the Year of the Rooster Mean?
- Why You Don’t Want to Miss the Rugby League World Cup 2017 in Cairns
- 7 Reasons Why Your Next Holiday Should be to Fitzroy Island
- Recent Comments
- No comments