Search for your Holiday Destination
Cairns Holiday Specialists BlogCHS Blog
Pacific International Cairns $20 Million Makeover
Posted on August 21, 2013 by Sophie Tabouel
Over the past five years the ‘Pacific International Cairns’ hotel has spent close to $20 million in refurbishment and enhancement to be “more in tune with today’s modern travelers”.
The ‘Pacific International Cairns’ was the first international hotel in Cairns and brought travelers from all over the world to our region since 1982.
Some of the new features include:
– New look porte cochere,
– Sugar Cane lounge,
– Public area,
– Front façade,
– New lifts,
– Energy efficient air-conditioning units,
– And a new hotel management system will also be introduced very shortly.
Some more iconic pieces have been kept and brought back to their former glory such as the two oversized chandeliers hanging in the middle of the lobby lounge. Suzanne Dawson, experienced Interior Designer for Stone Edge, was the mastermind behind it all.
Paul Kamsler, Executive Director of the ‘Pacific International Cairns’, is very excited to see the end of the refurbishment program: “We are now approaching the end of our refurbishment and enhancement program, which has seen an investment in the hotel of around $20 million dollars over the past five years, with three quarters of that spent in the last 18 months.”
The whole process was executed with minimal guests’ disturbance.
The Conference Centre has also undergone a facelift and will most definitely attract conferences and meetings from all over Australia.
The ‘back of the house’ was also part of the refurbishment plan and includes new offices, training room equipped with the latest technology as well as a new staff canteen.
Come and experience it for yourself, click here for great deals at the ‘Pacific International Cairns’ or ring us on 1300 852 526.
Author: Sophie – Cairns Holiday Specialists
WE GUARANTEE TO
MATCH THE LOWEST RATES!
- Subscribe to our Blog
- Recent Posts
- Reef Trips - Christmas Day In Cairns & Port Douglas 2019
- Cairns Tours & Attractions Gift Vouchers 2017
- Atherton Tablelands Tour from Cairns or Port Douglas
- Cairns Accommodation – Look Out for Flashy Holiday Deal Sites
- An Awesome Day of Fishing with Cairns' Newest Charter
- What Mums really want for Mother's Day - Great Mother’s Day Ideas
- Green Island – More Than Just Snorkelling
- Cairns Chinese New Year 2017 – What Does the Year of the Rooster Mean?
- Why You Don’t Want to Miss the Rugby League World Cup 2017 in Cairns
- 7 Reasons Why Your Next Holiday Should be to Fitzroy Island
- Recent Comments
- No comments